Now There is Effective Acne Treatment Without Costly Acne Medications. Discover the Benefits of Blue Light Acne Treatment.
Do you need an acne treatment? Yes? You are not alone. Sadly, hundreds of thousands of people look for a
better acne treatment online every month for themselves or their child.
If you've been looking for awhile, the situation can seem bleak. Your choices are:
- another topical medication,
- an oral medication with potentially scary side effects, or
- an expensive dermatologist procedure with no lasting results.
There IS something better.
Let me introduce you to a relatively new acne treatment you might not have considered yet:
Blue Light Acne Treatment
This form of acne treatment uses natural
blue light therapy to kill bacteria on and under the surface of the skin. No other cells are harmed. Once the acne bacteria is dead, your body's own marvelous natural healing process takes over and your skin gradually clears up naturally, without creams, pills, or doctor visits.
thoroughly researched and FDA approved, blue light acne treatment hit the market around 2000. At first it was available only through a dermatologist with devices like ClearLight and Blue-U, but in-home devices soon became available. When we first started in this business, we had about 3 competitors. Today, you can choose from almost 20 different acne lights online, and even your local drug store may have one or two.
Blue Light - Best Acne Treatment Because:
- It works for most people. It does not stop working over time. And it works against even antibiotic resistant bacteria.
- It's 100 % natural with zero chemicals, zero medications, zero down time, zero discomfort, and zero side effects.
- It's relatively affordable, simple to purchase online, and safe and easy to use in your own home.
ď[Blue light treatment] is a major breakthrough and could be an excellent alternative for those patients who have had minimal success with traditional therapiesÖĒ -- Dr. Arielle N.B. Kauva
What is Blue Light Acne Treatment Like?
Your skin is first cleansed with a non-medicated cleanser, then exposed to a blue light source for a short period of time - ranging from 30 seconds up to 15 minutes - depending on the product.
In-home treatments are recommended for daily use until acne is either cleared or under control. Treatments can be reduced to twice or three times per week for maintenance.
Blue light for acne is effective, but it's
not a cure, so consistent treatments will be necessary to keep acne under control.
Benefits of Blue Light Acne Treatment
- effective for 86% of cases of inflammatory acne
- 100% natural and non-invasive
- drug-free with no adverse side effects short or long term
- safe for all ages and safe for daily use
- easily self-administered in your own home
- down-time free
- a treatment that won't stop working over time
- effective to the point that it may work on even antibiotic resistant strains of acne causing bacteria
What About Side Effects?
The only real risk of blue light acne treatment is the risk of overexposure of blue light to the eyes. For this reason, eye protection is provided with almost every in-home acne light. For a full discussion of all possible safety concerns,
please read this article.
How Does Blue Light Acne Treatment Work?
When blue light strikes acne bacteria cells it sets off a chemical reaction that
causes the bacteria to self-destruct. No harm is done to any other cells on or in the skin.
Here is a more scientific explanation from the AAD:
"[Blue] Light gets at the core of what causes acne eruptions: P. acnes, the bacterial responsible for causing acne inflammation, pumps out tiny molecules called porphyrins. When those porphyrin are exposed to certain wavelengths of light, they produce free radicals that kill the bacteria. Without P. acnes around to cause inflammation, acne clears up." American Academy of Dermatology 2002
Research Leading to FDA Approval of Blue Light Acne Treatment
Almost every acne light out there today bases its marketing on
this study , published in the British Journal of Dermatology in 2000. Here's the highlights:
- 107 patients with mild-moderate inflammatory acne (acne vulgaris) participated in the trial.
- The blue light peaked at 415nm, the red light peaked at 660nm (What does this mean?)
- Patients used the lights in-home for 15 minutes daily
- There was a 76% drop in visible acne over 12 weeks
- Combination Red and Blue light therapy was Ďsignificantly superiorí to blue light alone or benzoyl peroxide.
- Blue & Red light improve acne by combining anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory action.
- Red & Blue light phototherapy is a safe and effective treatment for acne vulgaris.
Read more from the British Journal of Dermatology
Based on this research and similar studies, the first blue light acne treatment "system", ClearLight, gained FDA approval in 2002.
Since then, many smaller studies have been done all over the world, all confirming the effectiveness and safety of blue and blue & red light acne treatment. Here are a few:
April 2006 UCLA School of Medicine
This open-label study suggests the therapeutic efficacy of high-intensity LED pure blue light in the treatment of acne vulgaris with no reported side effects.
Read the full study .
2005 Department of Dermatology, Falkirk Royal Infirmary, Falkirk, UK
Blue light phototherapy using a narrowband LED light source appears to be a safe and effective additional therapy for mild to moderate acne.
Read the full study .
June 2006 Skin Laser & Surgery Specialists of New York/New Jersey, and Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
Combination blue (415nm) and red (633nm) LED therapy appears to have excellent potential in the treatment of mild to severe acne. Treatment appears to be both pain- and side effect-free.
Read the full study .
October 2007 Department of Dermatology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea.
This study shows that red light phototherapy alone can be a new therapeutic option for acne vulgaris.
Read the full study .
Blue Light Acne Treatment and Our Tri Peakô LED Acne Light
The Tri Peakô LED Acne Light contains 60% blue light with dual peaks at 415 nm and 465 nm. Blue light at 415 nm is proven to be the most effective wavelength against acne bacteria on the surface of the skin, while the longer wavelength of blue light at 465 nm carries antibacterial power deeper into your skin.
This unique combination of blue light wavelengths combine to kill the most acne bacteria possible during each treatment session.
Learn more about the Tri PeakôLED Acne Light here.
What Makes Blue Light Better?
Blue light is one of the best acne treatments available today, because it kills acne bacteria naturally, fast, and without side effects. However, the combination of blue and red light is even better.
See why, next.